SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aok27502

Can you help with this layout dilemma?

aok27502
10 years ago

We are starting to prepare my father's house for sale. It was built in 1963, and has much of the original styling (mint green bathroom tile, etc.) Much of this will go, including what's left of the kitchen.

This is the stove:

The realtor says that it needs to go, and I agree. I don't think very many modern people will be willing to use it, although everything works except the clock. Here's the dilemma: this stove is 40" wide. Unless we were to put in a very high end stove, we're going to have extra space on each side. The cabinets were custom, and the uppers are one continuous run. I could consider a cook top, and fill in the space with tile or something. But there is no good place to put an oven. I will put another picture with the layout in the next post, since I can't figure out how to do multiples.

We are not making any changes to the layout of the kitchen, mainly just replacing the flooring, cleaning and polishing the cabinets, and doing something about the stove. The counter tops are in perfect shape. We're fairly sure that the next owner will want to renovate, so we just want it clean and shiny.

So, what to do about the stove? It might be possible to remove the uppers and somehow put ends on the other cabinets, so there is space for a hood. But we can't figure out what to do about an oven?

Any suggestions will be considered! And before anyone gets the vapors, we will be reselling the stove. It appears they show up on Ebay for a considerable sum!

Comments (8)