SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jgopp

Moving along to the next project (entertaining kitchen)

jgopp
12 years ago

Well, as the time comes racing towards the holidays it is probably time for me to begin thinking about my next project. I have a very large room in my attic (basically a ball room) and have had many parties in this room. Right now it is not in party configuration, just kind of storing some stuff. But the biggest thing for me is now that I have my kitchen in the first floor it will be always busy with people during said parties. This makes it very hard for catering, in the past the waiters had to lug trays of hot and cold food all the way up there. This combined with fairly inebriated people walking up and down the stairs causes a logistical nightmare.

Anyway, I was thinking about installing an entertaining kitchen and a bar at one of the ends of this space. There is heat and plumbing already up there so it shouldn't be a problem. I am thinking probably a double wall oven and a large built in fridge on that far wall between the two windows. The radiator can be moved to the left before the window and covered with a cabinet. Then building an island with a bar top and a sink closer to the foreground. This should serve my guests much better during events. And placing it on the far wall allows them to be out of the way of the main entry to the room.

I currently don't have a real plan drawn up but you can imagine it I'm sure. Simple wall ovens/built in fridge/and some side cabs on the back. And a probably 10 foot island in front. Am I missing an part of the equation?

Comments (8)