SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Big Rose Moving Project Today

newyorkrita
14 years ago

Today I had the guys here that cut my grass for me and do all my walls and terracing projects. I needed them because I had two really large roses to move and small other things to dig out and move. They also moved some regular sized roses for me.

We started by moving the slightly shorter than five foot THE GIFT shrub rose over next to one of my Darlows Enigmas that I put on the far side of the garage last fall. This rose was far too large for me to manage to move myself even if I wanted too.

I have plans to put more roses along there and have ordered a bunch already like SUPER FAIRY, SUPER DOROTHY, MOZART, MAJORIE FAIR, CRIMSON BOURSAULT. Only trouble is I will have to grow out the bands elsewhere before they go in those spots.

But I am getting off track. The big deal was the massive over 6 foot high and wide CAREFREE DELIGHT that now resides in its new home along the near side of the garage next to were I have another THE GIFT. The one that moved (THE GIFT) and CAREFREE DELIGHT were in my front side yard planted side by side and were totally outgrowing the space they had. The two guys could barely manage to pick up the rose and root ball after they dug it so that should give you an idea of why I was not doing this project mysef.

It looks absolutely super in its new spot, much, much better than it did in the old spot. A thousand times better. It just seems like it should be were it is now.

By moving a perrenial or two in the next few days, that spot were the roses were, will be cleared to make into a new rose bed. I know it will look great. In case you might say well, she took roses out, now shes going to put roses in, yes I am. But I have some polyanthas and floribundas both here and ordered that do not grow big like Carefree Delight and I will prune down each spring like I do on the roses in Florabundaville in the very front yard.

I also had two shubs relocated and moved my two about 4 feet high Charles Aznavours into the front yard planters that held the shrubs before they just moved. Again, they look a thousand times better there than were they were. I have four Charles Aznavours and so two are now in the backyard and two in the front yard.

I had gone on a rose buying spree in the past two weeks so I had to do these projects which I been putting off since last year when I should have done it last fall.

The wonderful part is I have not lost or removed any roses. My wonderful roses are all still here but I have lots of room now for the new ones that I bought.

Comments (16)