SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flatlander62

We selected our granite today

flatlander62
16 years ago

We picked our slab today and I owe a big thank you to the memebers of this board who responded to my previous post lamenting the choices in granite I was given when I ordered through Home Depot. I followed your advice and canceled the HD order (I was surprised they let us out of the contract so easily and refunded our money). We went to an independent yard recommended by a friend and were given the choice of hundreds of slabs for the same price as the A group granite at Home Depot. HDs A group consists of maybe five granites, all really consistent patterns. I was disappointed in the choices because I felt stuck with a pauper's budget after hanging out here for awhile and coming to love the more varied patterns in many of the higher end kitchens. So anyway, today was our second visit to the yard and we ended up choosing this slab of Typhoon Green. Honestly I hadn't started out looking for a green but the richer greens really made my ginger spice glazed cabinets "pop." The color isn't very true here and looks muted on my screen but there are various shades of greeen, white, grey, black specks and even bits of a reddish purple. And lot's of movement, yay!

Thank you--I'm really happy and excited about getting granite again!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (16)