SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethany4455

Sad about sink position.....pics

Beth
15 years ago

I am on this site often trying to absorb as much as possible. It has been a big help! But I still messed up. I went with a 33' extra deep sink base but at the same time wanted the big Blanco single Silgranite sink. I have no idea what I was thinking. The sink is great and the santa ceceila is beautiful but I can hardly reach into the sink. I am 7mos pregnant now so I am hoping that the 6-8 inches of belly will make a diference when gone. I didn't account for the granite edge to be so thick. I know I had read about a similar problem from another post and should have learned from that. When they came to measure for granite I thought the sink would be forward another inch or so. I should have went with a 36" regular base. But too late as we already paid the plumber and we would have to buy another slab of granite.

Also the single lever faucet we wanted with soap dispencer didn't work b/c of the thick backslpash so we should have tiled a backsplash b/c I only had 2 holes put in granite and now won't get to use my never MT. But I love my Delta facet with seperate handle. We will call to see if granite installers can drill another hole.

One more complaint---Why is it so hard to find a decent plumber?! Finally washed a bunch of dishes for first time today which is when I realized how hard it is to reach sink and went to drain water it leaked out top of disposal...just one of many plumbing problems we have had.

Just venting! sorry so long.

Comments (20)