SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyemerald

Cabinet whites: Soft vs. creamy

Bunny
12 years ago

Deciding on a white for my cabinets can't happen soon enough. I'm weary of trying to discern that just-perfect shade of soft/creamy white. Not too bright, definitely not too cool, soft and creamy without obvious yellow. I have large pieces of foamcore painted in my three favorites, taping them up and watching them change as the day wears on. Rather than study them at length, I like to mix up their order and them look at them suddenly, to see if I can catch myself off guard. lol

"Soft" and "creamy" seem to be such subjective terms. Right now I think I've narrowed it down to BM White Dove, Cloud White, or Simply White. SW is lovely, but seems a bit bright. I have a lot of natural and reflected light in my kitchen. White Dove looks a bit dingy next to SW and CW. Is it the gray component? I hear others say it's wonderful. Cloud White seems the creamiest to me.

This is such a repetitive topic, but I'm wondering if others who may have considered these colors can share what helped them decide to pick one over the others.

Comments (8)