SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foxyloxies_gw

soapstone with creamy tone cabinets not white

foxyloxies
10 years ago

Hi! First time poster here. In the middle of gutted kitchen and finding out most granite does not look right with our 1927 Tudor Revival home. It is an elegant old lady. Really marble would look best, but we are NOT careful people and we use the kitchen a lot. After reading great postings here about soapstone, it would fit the house best, and I like its semi-bulletproof nature. BUT a black and white kitchen would not fit the space (I promise) and I need to use creamy and coppery tones. Cabinets will be painted P&Lambert "Balsa," (an off-white color, more toward yellow than grey), possibly Crema Marfil subway backsplash, and reclaimed wood kitchen island in a warm honey tone.
My question is whether anyone has used this color combo with soapstone? I am concerned about the white veining clashing with the cream tones, since virtually all of the photos I find either have stained cabinets or a black and white kitchen. I am ripping my hair out and need to pull the trigger soon. Would appreciate any help!

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH