SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nwrunner_gw

Budget appliance/design paralysis

NWRunner
11 years ago

Hello, I have been a lurker as I prepare for total kitchen remodel. Your advice kept me from poorly thought out impulses such as grabbing the beautiful 70% off Viking Design floor model. Guess it is the Jaguar of ranges (beautiful but what a dud!)
We are on a budget so posts like Linelle�s $20K remodel have been amazingly helpful. Here are the firm decisions we have made:
+ Layout: Changing to peninsula and getting a range rather than separate units
+ Cabinets: $15 installed Schrock to off white square cabinets
+ Counters: $8+K Pentel quartz Pentel quartz taupish countertops. and Blanco Silgranit Metallic Grey
+ Backsplash: 6 inch quartz, behind range subtle tin tile
+ Floors: Refinishing in same natural multi-tone look

Tomorrow I commit to my appliance order so I have to fix my appliance paralysis TODAY for dimensions. Any suggestions to move me mentally forward would be appreciated. We eat in and I bake a lot so I view my focus as functional and pleasant aesthetically. Two paths with infinite variations.

#1 All GE Slate and have my kitchen cabinet re-sized 5 inches out so full refrigerator doesn�t stick out. Gas free standing range is not fancy but adequate. Put a Zephyr stainless hood over range that may not match completely. Like the look but not the best range and no special deals and extra cabinet charge.
#2 All stainless GE Profile or similar, cabinet depth fridge, microwave over range. Best pricing as can take advantage of January discounts and separate vent or microwave cabinet. This is the recommendation of cabinet designer/seller.
+ Any compelling reason to go cabinet depth in my large kitchen?
+ Seems a bad idea to put microwave over gas range if I have room for another place.
I apologize if I am not using correct post etiquette. Thanks. Will post pics next

Comments (7)