SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goodbyekitty_gw

Sort of off topic rant

goodbyekitty
10 years ago

I don't know how to deal with the attitudes of some installers. I work in an industry where courtesy and treatment of others is important, even though being on the other side of the counter you have to deal with rude customers.

I've had one of the flooring guys complain about the cabinet installer, and the cabinet installer complain about the flooring guy. I told them ...I don't need to hear about that but "You will have to talk to the contractor" (leaving out the part about I don't need to hear about that).

When discussing with the contractor about the pulls that needed to be installed he asked me to "...show those to the cabinet installer" which I happily did. Then the cabinet installer rolled the eyes a little and said "I'm going to have to have a talk with ....they didn't tell me about that".

I guess this is their industry and this is the way it is? When I'm at work I don't tell the customer I have a problem with them, I will see what I can do or talk to my supervisor. But I feel like I'm walking on eggshells in my own house!

I will say however, the other flooring guy who is doing most of the work is a 'go with the flow' kind of guy and seems to be very happy with what he is doing and is great to talk to. I only took 10 days off from work because my daughter and her husband were here. But the next time I am having construction work done I am definitely staying out of the house! =D

Comments (8)