SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmiller2002

Teenager cell phone topics - questions and a rant

mmiller2002
17 years ago

I thought I'd ask this while I'm asking teenager questions.

We seem to be the only parents in both our teenage daughters' circles that view our responsibility to provide them with a cell phone to use as a tool for convenience instead of an entertainment device.

I completely see the need to supply them with the phone as a tool for convenience and safety. That is why we currently use a prepaid service. We give the kids $15 in their accounts (~80 min equivalent). This limits their use and they have to budget their time well. But, as they put it, its such a lame plan and a cause of emabrrassment.

I do not understand how so many parents have been duped into supplying their child with an unlimited minute/text phone plan, using the latest fancy phone. Where is it written that parents need to provide this type of 24/7 entertainment device?

Even the stupid TV commercials portray the poor helpless parents trying to control the kids' overages! How insulting!

Furthermore, these kids know that they can hide in their rooms and chat on the phone well into the night when their parents unklnowingly think they are getting a good night's sleep.

How have we parents been so conned by the phone companies?

Comments (19)

Sponsored