SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmmartini

Mocketts/Pop-up Outlets - Hard to Clean Around?

kmmartini
13 years ago

I have seen several recent posts with questions about Mocketts and the Pop-up outlets from Lew Electric - thanks to everyone who has responded with helpful information about buying these and how to ensure code compliance.

Although I have a related question, I didn't want to "hijack" the other posts, so I thought I'd start a new one since there seems to be a lot of interest on this topic lately:

If you have a Mockett/Pop-up outlet installed in your countertop, how hard is it to keep clean?

I wonder if the "seams" around where the outlet sits on the counter get any grime/gunk stuck in them? When you are wiping down the counter does it feel like the outlet is in the way or prevents you from cleaning the way you would like to? Do crumbs fall down "into" the well when the outlet is up?

I *really* like the idea of the pop-up outlet from Lew and was planning to order one soon but then I thought about these cleaning issues and started to second-guess myself. Also, I also am so in love with my stone that for some reason I feel like I may regret cutting a hole in it for an outlet?

I know there is a tradeoff between "marring" the look of the backsplash or the counter ... just trying to decide which is more "liveable"!

PS: Histokitch...if you see this...thanks for posting the pic of your PUFP on Kate's post - yours is exactly the one I would order. If you have a picture of it closed, I would love to see that as well!

Comments (9)