SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beccamj

Backsplash tile issue

beccamj
15 years ago

The tiles for my backsplash arrived yesterday and I'm really disappointed. I chose Blue Celeste marble subway tiles from Ann Sacks and on both the concept board I saw at the store and the picture on their website, the tiles ranged from an ice light blue to a light-medium blue.

Well, the tiles are all consistently the palest of pale blues. There is little variation and certainly nothing close to the light-medium color. At first I thought it was a trick of my memory but when I opened the few pencil tiles I had ordered, lo and behold, they were the darkest blue on the concept board. There were no field tiles like that in the boxes.

I phoned my salesperson at Ann Sacks today and she expressed surprise. She said "most people like consistent and complain about variation!" That's all well and good but that's not what the concept board showed. When I said that, she answered, "oh, the concept board is six years old." How about the website then?

We left it that she will see if they can handpick a box of darker tiles to be mixed in, but she sounded doubtful. Of course, I'd have to pay for them, plus they are 5sf out of the 35 I have, so they would certainly be few and far between.

Ugh, I feel so let down. This is not the backsplash I fell in love with. What happened to truth in advertising?

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Celeste tile

Comments (9)