SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polkadots_gw

Please Help - Should I have them change these?

polkadots
13 years ago

Hello. We are nearing the end of our build and the cabinets arrived this week. I love them in general - custom, inset, painted perimeter and dark stained island. It is coming together, BUT they put the wrong decorative end panels on the ends. I was very specific in what I wanted - wanted the decorative panels to be inset as well, not doors stuck on the ends. They got that part, but they put more openings than was specified. For example, on the refigerator and oven end panels I wanted three cutouts stacked on top of eachother and instead I got six. Then on the base cabinets I got two "panels" instead of one like I tend to see in every picture I look at. They did get the island correct with three panels. Please see the pictures below. They say they do them this way to avoid cracking and movement of the wood, and honestly, this was more work for them. But is not what I planned on and ordered. They will redo them for me, or they will reduce my bill by $1500-$1800 - which at this point in the build would be helpful! Thank you!

I need opinions, please. Is it too busy with all those panels, especially on the tall cabinets with six? Or is it no big deal? I am very particular and am afraid I will regret not fixing them, but I need other people's opinions on how they look because I am so close to it and critical at this point - yet I wouldn't mind saving that money!

Comments (25)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH