SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Electrician want to install 6 Cans with 75BR.HaL/FL by Sunlite

susanlynn2012
12 years ago

This electrician wants to install 6 cans that are I guess 6" cans since the bulb he will be installing with the cans is a 75 Watt, 120 Volt, 900 Lumen's Halogen Bulb with a 40 degrees flood. The CIR & Light Spectrum is not listed on the bulb package but I think all Halogens have a CRI of 100 and on the Internet it says it is a soft white so it seems to be giving off a 2700K. I would prefer a 3000K light.

So my question is, is this a good bulb? When the bulb dies, what bulbs will fit into the can? Can I used a Par30 or a PAR 38 bulb in the can with no problems so I can find in the future Halogen or LED bulbs that I like the light of? What is the difference between a BR40 bulb and a PAR30 Versus a PAR38 Bulb?

The bulb says "sunlight Reflector 75BR40/HAL/FL Medium Base 75 watt 120 Volt Item 25253 on the package with 900 Lumens.

The electrician will give me a free can over the sink to replace my outdated 21 year old can and install a small fixture in my dining room free if I go with him and this bulb.

Thank you! I will cross post this to the Lighting Forum.

Comments (8)