SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmgard_gw

Need Inspiration Photos/Ideas For This Particular Section

kmgard
10 years ago

Thanks everyone for your help so far with my "lovely" 80's kitchen! (The home's original 50's kitchen with yellow formica counters is in the garage, by the way -- you can see the whole lovely house tour here.)

I think I'm getting a good idea of what to do with the peninsula/soffits in the rest of the space (which really isn't going to change much layout-wise), so that leaves this desk:

It's in the "eat-in" part of the kitchen, where we'll likely be expanding the peninsula and not putting a dining table. I guarantee you I do not need or want a desk in the kitchen.

So. Other ideas? This is the one place I'm willing to spend on new cabinets/furniture (IKEA/Craigslist budget), so let me see your brilliance! Liquor bar? Butcherblock work surface? Tall pantry cabinets? I think I'd prefer more counterspace over tall cabinets, but maybe a combo? Or a nice drink/coffee station? It's not in the main work area, so probably best to keep the every day stuff out of there. And I'd like to keep dishware on the opposite side (above the dishwasher) since that's closest to the dining room.

I'm also thinking of putting a sideboard or something along this wall on the right:

So maybe that could be the liquor bar and use the desk space for a coffee station? Wine storage? Thought about getting a wine cooler (love wine), but the built-in ones are crazy expensive.

I'm ready for your creativity! Go! :)

Here's the layout again:

Comments (7)