SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtymartini_gw

island hood vent + light fixture(s) over peninsu w/8 ft ceilings?

dirtymartini
12 years ago

Trying to figure out if doing both will *compliment* or if they will compete or make the space look to jumbled and chopped up.

Family room and kitchen all run together, one large rectangle. A peninsula with counter seating is what begins the kitchen. When seated at the peninsula, you face the rest of the kitchen, including the island with cooktop. We know we NEED a hood vent over the cooktop. I am bummed because I really do like the open look, especially because we have 8 ft ceilings. If I had a window in my kitchen I would try to get away with no hood vent, but alas, I do not.

I do not like small pendant lights. I have 3 choices for the peninsula-2 larger light fixtures, 1 large, long light fixture, *OR* high hats (which will be installed in other parts of the kitchen, we can just add them over the penionsula as well.)

Should the hood fan be the ONE item hanging down, which will be visible from the family room? Or would having TWO items (hood and light fixture) look better?

I will see if I can get some pics up, but I am not on my computer so don't think I can.

thanks!

Comments (5)