SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fishymom

Wall color to go behind Kraftmaid Mushroom hood

fishymom
10 years ago

I have to make a decision on paint today and I am second guessing myself on my choice. Our cabinets are Kraftmaid, cherry in Rye finish for the base and mushroom, a very light off white taupey color, for the wall cabinets. On the range wall, the 40" mushroom hood is flanked by the Rye pantry and a Rye wall cabinet, all other wall cabinets are mushroom. The wall is small with a vaulted ceiling. The kitchen is open to the breakfast nook and family room which are painted in SW Cookie Crumb, a golden tan, and Gliddon Napa Valley green. The only other wall in the kitchen is the entry wall from the dining area is in Napa Valley green, but not much color there due to the large entryway. The appliances are stainless steel and the backsplash, which extends to the base of the hood, is a mixed glass subway tile with taupe and gold accents. When looking at the range wall from the kitchen, you see the Cookie Crumb hallway wall right behind it. My husband and daughter think we should paint the range wall the same Cookie Crumb color, but I feel it is too gold with the mushroom hood. My gut feeling is to paint the wall behind the hood several shades darker than the mushroom hood, in a taupey tan color that leans slightly to a golden tan, along the lines of Behr classic Taupe. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Comments (11)