SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maysf

Kitchen Layout feedback request

maysf
11 years ago

Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I have been reading through the kitchen forums for a couple of weeks, and I find it very helpful. This is my first post. We are planning a major remodel, and we are nearly final on the layout plan. The kitchen is my area where I care about the most. I cook at least 2 meals a day for my family. I enjoy cooking, and value functionality and practicality. As you can see, behind the kitchen is the laundry/mud room, where I plan to have some small appliances, such as juicer, blender, coffee maker, bread maker. The idea is to have the noisy appliances in a separate room, since this is the main complaint we heard from some friends with open kitchen designs. Next to it is a pantry for storage. The Island size is drawn as 3'x8', but I'm thinking of changing it to 4'x8', with seating for 4. I also plan to bump the wall behind the refrigerator a few inches to accommodate a standard size, french door refrigerator, since this has a larger capacity than most counter depths. Note that the entry hallway is in the bottom right corner below the dining room wall. Please provide any feedback to the design.

Comments (10)