SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliris19

Sink primer?

aliris19
13 years ago

Is there a thread out there already that anyone might point me to, or url for an article, or some-such - regarding sinks and all their relative issues?

Here is a short list of issues that I know about; I have no doubt there are dozens more:

� stainless steel vs cast iron/enamel (I gather this is the same thing; cast iron gets enameled)

� steel quality: lower gauge number equates, I think, to heavier-duty steel. Helpful for GD vibrations, longevity perhaps? Ability, presumably, to hold up to more successive steel-wool scrubbings.

� Bowl shape: "D" shape vs circle vs oblong??

� Bowl depth: splash-back would be a no-no. I am guessing depth is only part of the problem though; shape probably contributes to potential splash-back

� Drain location. Perhaps this relates to slanting on the base of the sink? Presumably you want this underneath where your faucet is, though perhaps this doesn't matter?

� single vs double bowl. Is there more involved than just size? I would think single bowl makes washing cookie sheets easier. Double bowl permits dishes to soak yet still have access to sink

� height of double-bowl separator. Half-height bowl separation safer for transfer, but less utilitarian if soaking w/o a bucket is involved?

� Clean-up. "zero-radius" edges to ss sinks perhaps difficult to clean.

� Built in drainboard. Is this only with ss? Is it for setting drainboard on top of? Setting veggies on to to drain?

Wow! Anyone care to weigh in on these issues, preferences, etc? Please chime in with more issues if you can. Then please chime in with your resolution to any or all issues.

(i.e., in the inimitable words of another poster: just tell me what to buy please!)

Comments (3)