SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karoloke_gw

Sticky primer?

karoloke
16 years ago

A while ago, I stripped some bathroom wallpaper and found some mold in a spot below a window that had gotten into the drywall (a small nightmare). My DH and I treated it and replaced the drywall where needed. I primed with GARDZ which is clear on Michael's recommendation. I went back and painted Kilz primer over the Gardz on the new drywall sections because the new drywall area was brown and the rest of the walls were white from the sizing or primer I had used before wallpapering years ago. There are some places where the Kilz feels tacky and other places where it doesn't -even though it's been over a week since I applied the Kilz. My guess is that it was because it was old Kilz or because I didn't stir it often enough.

Now, a couple questions...Should I just prime the whole room over again with the GARDZ I have left, or should I buy some new white primer since the white on the walls doesn't really look uniform (the Kilz wasn't as white as what I used before). If so, what kind of primer would you recommend? Or should I just go ahead with painting? Thanks for your help and expertise!

Comments (16)