SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchen4us_gw

Anyone else disappointed with their semi-integrated frig?

16 years ago

Here's the situation and would appreciate your thoughts. I wish I could attach pictures but do not have this capability. Our final installed "semi-integrated" wood paneled frig looks visually off.

We purchased a side-by-side Kitchen Aid frig (with ice dispenser on the front left panel), both sides of which were intended to be covered with a cabinet front. So the intent was for it to be semi-integrated. (The frig sticks out apx. 3" - that is ok.) This is not a sub-zero type frig, just so there is no confusion. There is also a cabinet over the frig. with 2 doors that meet in the center (like most cabinets). When placing the cabinet order everything was provided to the contractor (make/model of frig, etc.)

Anyway, there are now 2 issues with the alignment that we wonder if anyone else has experienced:

1) while the cabinet over the frig meets in the exact center, the two frig wood panels are OFF center apx. 2 inches. It is noticeably off.

2) The wood panel on the right has two "raised panel sections" that meet exactly in the center, however the bottom half of the LEFT frig panel (partly because of the ice maker, but also because the cabinet maker could not visualize the finished product, I believe)is apx. 3 inches lower than the center of the right panel.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Comments (5)