SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salmon_slayer

Progress Report - No complaints

salmon_slayer
15 years ago

Just a quick note on progress  no complaints here. In fact, we are both very happy with the counter fabricator and cabinet maker and will provide a plug for them. The counter fabricator installed the island today believing we wanted it for Thanksgiving. The balance of the counters will be done early next week. It took 8 people to bring in the top - it was $%^&* heavy . He was really proud of the work and wanted to be there when we saw it. It was fantastic. No waves, perfectly straight lines etc. He wants pictures of the kitchen when its done for his website. He said the quartz took about 2-3X the amount to cut and polish vs granite. Wish the pictures did justice to the island and cabinets. We installed cove and base mounding this weekend as well as the under counter lighting. Just need DW to lock on a backsplash, mural , and handles now (and the hood supplier to finish. Bought a new tool on this job that I will highly recommend: a micropinner. It will not split the wood and is so small, no need to putty. I bought it on the recommendation of the cabinet maker and am extremely happy with the results. "nails" are 23 gauge  about the size of a small staple. If youÂre a DIY  get one. Cabinet shop: www.customcraftcabinets in Newark Ca. High end shop and nice website. The counter person is a craftsman in Santa Cruz CA (I can provide his phone number if desired) and was recommended by the quartz supplier (Pietra Fino) in Hayward Ca.

{{!gwi}}From 25 NOV

{{!gwi}}From 25 NOV

{{!gwi}}From 25 NOV

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County