SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
worldmom_gw

need help choosing between options (pics)

worldmom
15 years ago

I'm not sure if my attempt to embed these images will work, so I will also include a link to my album. :o)

We are running one set of upper cabs down to the countertop to give that whole section kind of a hutch appearance. I can't decide whether to leave it white like the rest of the cabinets (which will be painted maple), or to have it built in stained oak. And if we go with oak, should the island be oak too, or should it be white. I'm just stuck!

Our perimeter countertops are going to be soapstone, and we're going to have a honed carrara subway tile backsplash. We might go with honed carrara marble on the island, too, but I can't decide! We've also toyed with having the island black, but then what to do with the "hutch" color? Argh!

Our house is 100 years old and there is oak woodwork in the adjoining dining room, so I'm trying to marry the two spaces.

I'm including drawings of the other walls so you can see how it all fits together. One thing that's bugging me is that the "hutch" looks too tall, but yet it's the same height (9.5 feet) as the rest of the cabinets. Would it look weird to have that one be not as tall as the others? Maybe I should stick with a regular set of uppers on that wall? I don't know!

I'd love some input! :o)
{{!gwi}}From Last Import
{{!gwi}}From Last Import
{{!gwi}}From Last Import
{{!gwi}}From Last Import
{{!gwi}}From Last Import
{{!gwi}}From Last Import
{{!gwi}}From Last Import

From Last Import

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen drawings

Comments (15)