SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

Screw up to work in my favour- getting a Super Susan- Pics plse!

raehelen
16 years ago

OK,

Kitchen guy was here last week doing final measure (again) for granite counters. (Hopefully to be installed this week- fingers crossed). When I asked if he had had any luck finding the innards for my Lazy Susan cabinet- he said he'd look again- Anyhow- LSS- when I phoned a few days later to check again- he still hadn't found it, and was going to go shopping locally for another one- so I said, "Well... since you haven't got it anyways... how about building me two wooden bases on turntables, cuz the LS I have in the other corner (very pretty looking chrome shelves with centre pole)isn't able to hold heavy things without tipping? I knew I meant a Super Susan, but figured he wouldn't be familiar with the term, so I tried to explain what I wanted.

He said sure- he didn't see why not, and figured it would be easy to make. When I said the only drawback would be that the top shelf wouldn't be adjustable- he said "why not?", thinking that there would be holes like in all the other cabinets- turns out there're not (as I foresaw), so I have two questions:

1) Could anyone please post pics of the insides of their Super Susans- for clarification- that means a Lazy Susan with a wooden base on a turn table, not shelves suspended from a centre pole. I would like as many versions as possible please- as my KG hasn't made them before. Do they utilize more interior space? My chrome LS is back 4" from edge of front door- seems like there is some wasted space there?

2) I'm guessing that the best thing is to figure out the tallest item I would put in there- Breadmaker, food processor, etc. and place the top shelf high enough to get those in on the bottom.

3) OK- one more question- what do you store in yours, ie what's the best use of this large space (36" SS), versus using drawers (I will have two 3 drawer bases - one on either side)and a 18" wide pantry close by. I am thinking less-often used appliances on the bottom (I will also have a 42" wide appliance garage on the counter close to it- another thing to be made) This corner will the inside corner of my main food prep area one side will be a 66" long peninsula, the other counter goes for 15' (but includes sink too).

Thanks, and I see light at the end of the tunnel... I think...

Rae

Comments (4)