SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicoleny

Ceiling lights and low ceilings

Nicole
12 years ago

We own an old farmer's grange building that we are tearing down little by little and have a bunch of old schoolhouse style light fixtures from it. We are reusing some of the hardwood floors for the kitchen and I loved the idea of also using some of the lights. Other than a few thousand square feet of flooring and the lights, there isn't much else worth salvaging besides lumber and it was a historic building in our little farming town. My layout is at the bottom.

I wanted to put a couple/few/some in the new kitchen (will have recessed lighting as well) but unfortunately I think they are too large for lighting over the regular open floor area. We have a goofy ceiling height of 94.5" and they are about 13" from base to very top of the glass and about 17" wide. Too large, right? :( What about over the peninsula or would they over power that as well?

Anyone have any ideas for ceiling light fixtures for a low ceiling? Cabinets are medium wood shaker style, black counters and we prefer more of a colorful but timeless style. Thanks!

Comments (3)