SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mpeg_gw

Small peninsula kitchen cabinet choices.......Help!

mpeg
15 years ago

I think I've finally narrowed my kitchen down to one of these designs. Need opinions suggestions on what would take this small ordinary space and make it extraordianry looking. My greatest fear is that I will invest $$$$$$ nad create a disaster....or just such an ordinary looking space. Please keep in mind I like things that lean a little more towards the elegant look. I either like creamy colored painted cabinets or a dark rich cherry cabinet that is not overly red in tone. I tend to like granites that have lots of veining, but are not over-powering, on both of these types of cabinets.

Part of the dilemma is that we are knocking down a wall between the living room and kitchen. So I want this space to look spectacular. Most peninsula kitchens I see look pretty ordinary. So I need someone with an eye for what would really make a classy looking kitchen in a small space.

I realize these layouts need a little tweaking here and there.

Does anyone have any ideas for making this space look great, cabinet finishes, granites, tile backsplash, hardwood floors. I worry that too dark a finish will be too much for my smaller space and that lighter finishes won't have the richness factor. Getting it all right is so important. Should I just hire a designer? We have none close in our area. We live in a rural area with no kitchen design centers close by. It would really help if I could see something besides a cabinet door. It's hard to do a whole kitchen and know how it's going to look.

I really need to make a decision and any great advice or lovely open kitchen photos, ideas, cabinets finishes, etc. appreciated.

P.S. I hope my contractor can take the header level to the ceiling like the first design.

I feel like this is making me crazy!

">

">

Comments (6)