SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
molly_phillips5546059

Do I need a prep sink? Pick apart these layouts

Molly Phillips
11 years ago

I received a cabinet quote today and along with it came a different layout that I'd like to get your perspective on.

First shot is the current layout, minus the island (I AM NOT DOING AN ISLAND SO DON'T BOTHER HATING ON THE FIRST PHOTO.)

Second shot is what I thought would work best based on the feedback here - move the fridge, which would mean moving the sink and DW down, and adding a corner sink by the stove.

The third shot is the new one I got today. It would move the fridge to another spot in the kitchen, allowing the sink and DW to (basically) stay where they are, so no big plumbing job. However, I don't know if the prep sink is helpful with the fridge that far down. DH is not convinced we need two sinks in our relatively small kitchen.

As an aside, I can't figure out where to put the microwave. Most people suggest where the third picture guy thought it should go, but I'm concerned that will block off that corner to the right of the stove because it will stick out farther than a regular cabinet.

(sorry that I'm not technologically savvy enough to figure out how to post multiple photos in one post so you'll have to scroll through the first three posts here. Imagine living with me! Loads of fun)

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville