SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janepa_gw

Who is the manufacturer of your white dinnerware?

janepa
15 years ago

I have searched, and searched for white dinnerware, but only found a couple of selections worth taking another look. We will use this dinnerware every day, and for special occassions, although we do not give very formal dinners/parties.

Which of these materials will stand up to everyday use the best- china, porcelain, ceramic, or stoneware?

I read recently, and my cousin verified that Phaltzgraff stoneware, since it is made in China, is not of the quality of years past, and the white is not 'white'.

I have used Corelle over the years in a couple of patterns, but I want something different. I would prefer a white embossed design. I found beautiful dinnerware at Williams-Sonoma, the Pillivuyt Queen Anne pattern, but to get a service for 8 I would have to pay $700.00 and that does not include any serving pieces, which I didn't see any of on their website. That is w-a-y over what I would be comfortable paying. I would consider a plain plate if the dinnerware looked pretty on the table, and was a quality piece.

Thank you. Jane

Comments (23)