SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
socalthreems

2nd Shaw sink arrives - Need ADVICE!

socalthreems
16 years ago

Hi all. I am starting to feel sink cursed myself! First Shaw (3018) arrived with a small crack. Returned it and ordered the 3618 (could arrive in 2 weeks as opposed to 3 months, and actually fits my sink base better, so worked out for me).

The 3618 arrived today. At first glance it looked fine. No cracks. But when my GC and I looked carefully, one side has a noticeable indentation that you can feel and also see (but it is still smooth and shiny - not gritty - not like a pimple). So I figured I would just use the other side. Other side looks great BUT (is there ALWAYS a "but"?) right on the left edge there is a mark that will not come off. My GC thinks it is something that happened during the firing process. You cannot feel it with your fingernail, but it looks like a smallish pencil mark...or like something metal scraped up against the white and left a silvery mark. I would take a picture, but I cannot lift the sink to do so. (Just FYI, there was blue ink on the sink that came off - this is something different).

In any event, I understand these are handmade sinks and I am okay with that. I really do not want to order another - and am trying to figure which will be easier to live with. The indentation is visible, but smooth. The mark is small, on an edge (though not up by the granite and it would not be covered up). But would I look at the mark and always want to try to scrub it off? My GC says if it were his sink, the indentation would drive him more crazy than the mark...but I'm not so sure.

If it is oriented so the tiny mark shows, the drain will be on the right (same side as my garbage can) which would be convenient.

As an aside, the little blue Shaw symbol is on the 18 inch side near the drain, not the back. Is this normal for a 3618? Thanks!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths