SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
housepoor2_gw

Need your opinion on backsplash....

housepoor2
15 years ago

I thought I had my backsplash decided on and then went to pick up flooring and saw more great choices. I am about decided-out and really could use some help on this.

We have med/dark cherry cabinets on three walls in the kitchen and off-white glazed cabinets on the fourth wall and on the island. The overall looked is traditional (beadboard behind desk area, molding, etc), but we do have quite a bit of stainless too. The backsplash will be used with the cherry cabinets only. Floor is travertine.

My DH and I have very different ideas on this reno, which adds to the dilemma. He wants lots of color and glass, which I am generally okay with, but after this remodel, I don't want to touch the kitchen for 10+ years. :p Also, we may sell in a year or two, so I would like to use materials that are classic and won't go the way of olive green 70's appliances. I originally planned on cream subway tiles- clean and classic, but the color was a bit stark with the cabinets.

So, here are the choices:

Travertine with glass inserts- interesting, but is it busy?

Onyx with colors found in granite and cabinets; fun, but not as warm as first choice.

This is the pattern I would use...

This was my first choice, but the colors aren't exact matches with the granite. Very warm tho- looks great with cabinets.

Bottom sample with stick travertine/glass combo. Way too expensive for all over wall, but could use with 3x6 Jerusalem Gold subway tile. Colors are great, but not quite as interesting as the others.

This is my granite. Lots of golds, caramels, grays.

Okay, hang in there with me- one more picture...

This is my floor... golds, creams, grays.

Any and all comments welcome- please put me out of my misery! Just looking to work with the overall kitchen style and colors, work well for resale, but still be interesting. I'm not asking for much, huh? LOL I can see any of them working, but would like to know what you think.

Thanks!

Comments (9)