SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyjoyjoy_gw

You say, 'Backsplash!' I say, 'How high?'

joyjoyjoy
12 years ago

Hello!!!! ITs been awhile since I've posted.. we've been holding off on ceiling and backsplash in order to take care of a major plumbing issue in the bathroom above. Its now fixed and were going to put backsplash up next week, then ceiling. I know that is backwards, but my dad and husband are doing the work and that seems to be the way they like to do things!

Anyway, I have basic stock tile from Menards. I'm doing bone tile with dark grout... either Mocha or Charcoal..I think either would be fine, I just haven't decided.

I need your opinions on my backsplash and THANK YOU!!! in advance!

Here's my situation.. on the little chunk of wall where the stove is, I will go up to the hood and keep it all the same level across that wall - from the window to the door frame that comes down on the peninsula countertop. The hood is 21 inches from the wood countertop. In the section between the windows, I could take tile all the way up to the yellow cabinet, which is 19 inches above the countertop. Should I come up 2 more inches "around" the yellow cabinet to keep the tile the same level as the stove area? Keep it at 19" and hope it doesn't look like we measured wrong? Make it significantly shorter than 21" so it is obvious we meant to make the two areas different?

And the section of wall between the dishwasher and pantry.. tile or no tile? I can paint it green down to the mopboard, or tile it to the same height as the backsplash behind the sink.

Also - I LOVE the idea of a funky tile design behind the range. Eventually i will replace it with a slide in model that does not have the control panel on top like that. Should I chose some kind of pattern that will look fine "peeking" over my current range or just wait and do it down the road when i replace my range?

Considering adding a thin black row at some point near the top, but I'm not sure.. any thoughts on that? The first 4 show you the layout, but the color is very inaccurate. The bottom two are there to show you the colors!

{{!gwi}} {{!gwi}} {{!gwi}} {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}} {{!gwi}}

Comments (5)