SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piaa

Our Finished Kitchen with Pictures :)

piaa
13 years ago

Hi everyone

As you may remember (or not) I live on the small island of St John in the US Virgin Islands so remodeling our kitchen had a few additional challenges - mainly we bought everything sight unseen (well I did view the cabinets on one of my trips Stateside) but everything else was by looking a pictures online. Purchases were then shipped to a freight forwarder in Miami, loaded onto a 20â container, put on a cargo ship, delivered to St Thomas where the container cleared US Customs, trucked to the dock and then sailed over to St John via ferry and finally delivered to our driveway (where the container got stuck) was left for 2 days for us to unload and then finally we began the install.

If you would like to read all about our remodel adventures you can go to our blog at www.onawhimstjohn.wordpress.com and follow along - we still have all of the exterior siding and windows (should be fun as we are 30â up in the air) and the downstairs to complete so this process has only just begun but for now, as a big thank you I would like to show you our finished kitchen that you helped to design - we love it :)

Sorry the pictures are a bit dark but we have had some overcast days and the lighting was not great :(

Kitchen Cabinets - Kraftmaid, solid Maple, Thornton Style, painted white (Kraftmaids Dove White)

Appliances - All by Bosch

Countertop - Python Soapstone (installed by Florida Josh)

Sink - Kohler

Faucet - Grohe

Backsplash - Oceanside, Prose, Custom Blend in Clear

Paint - Benjamin Moore, Moonshine

BEFORE (note only one, yes one upper cabinet)

AFTER

PANTRY - door frame was not painted and no drywall was up at the time of taking this picture but they are now :)

Exterior Pantry - almost same view as picture #3

And of course I have to leave you with this :)

Comments (27)