SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lgarner2_gw

Quartzite help!!! Quality, price, etc.

LGarner2
11 years ago

I am trying to learn about quartzite Luce Di Luna and have already put a deposit on one tonight. I have not looked around in my area much but have found one and do not know the quality and if it is a good value. See picture. It has lines/veins in it and while searching on the internet for Luce Di Luna or White Macubus (spelling?) I have seen some with no veins or vertical lines running across the parallel lines, which to me look much better. I will try and post that picture if I can. I am in the Los Angeles/Orange County area in So. Cal and I am going thru Costco to purchase from the company they work with in this area. They originally would not let me see the slabs under this slab until they charged my credit card. Later they showed some pictures of the 3 slabs under this one and let me pick slab 4. I asked to see the slab again but they still will not show it until after they charge my credit card. I do feel pressured at the moment on the purchase because I was told by the sales lady that the deadline to cancel is in 3 days which is tonight. I did receive a call from the person who would handle the project and he was much friendlier and told me I could still cancel later before the template was done and get all my money back if needed. He also said that I could view the slab # 4 next week and also set up a time for someone to come out and take a look at my place to access whether there would be a problem getting a big piece of slab into my place.
The slab cost 2,300 discounted from 3,300 and the install costs 1,400 for a total of $3,700.
My cabinets are glossy white from Ikea, floor is natural bamboo color and the appliances are stainless steel.
What do you think of the quality of the slab?
Price?
Is this procedure backward on the way I am purchasing it? Shouldn�t I get to see the slab before they charge my credit card?
Does anyone in So. Cal know other places to see similar quartzite to compare to?
I may have more questions later but this is an initial start of my inquiry. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Comments (23)