SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cotehele_gw

It is time to tackle the old kitchen

cotehele
13 years ago

It has been nearly a year since the old kitchen was abandoned for the new one, and we are finally going to make some changes. I would appreciate a critique of the floor plan.

The space will be laundry, utilities, storage for coats, cleaning supplies, bicycles, and general storage, storage for entertaining/catering items, ironing, potting and sewing (when I get a machine).

A jack-of-all construction friend is working on many things that need doing on the house. He is very good, has worked in construction 30 years, and belongs the union.

The old kitchen is in the back of the house at the end of the main hall. No doors or windows will be moved. The plumbing for the washer, dryer and sink is moving to inside walls. The way it is plumbed now, water freezes if the outside temps are below 10F.

The washer and dryer are moving from the alcove where the bikes will be stored to the place where the stove was located. It has a 220V outlet and opening for the dryer vent. I am finally getting a retractable indoor clothes line (5 lines)!

The pullout table will be used for folding laundry, sewing, anything needing a lower work surface.

I have some vague ideas for the finishes. Cabinets will be IKEA, counter tops probably butcherblock, laminate floors.

How does it look to you??

Cotehele

Comments (11)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm