SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fondantfancy

Butchers block and laminate countertop

fondantfancy
15 years ago

I'm supposed to be ordering my countertop next week and I still haven't decided what to do.

I originally planned granite, but I have alot of counters so it turned out very expensive. I fell in love with a floor tile that I just had to have so I blew my budget on that instead.

So now I am going to have granite just on my baking zone. I definately what butchers block on the island, but that leaves the rest of the kitchen.

I am considering putting laminate worktop in the clean-up zone and the cook zone, and putting a section of butchers block in between them. We cook alot, and have kids that are starting to use the kitchen for themselves, so I like the idea of having an area for sandwich prep etc which can be cut directly onto.

Am I crazy? Can you sucessfully join butchers block to laminate? I'm not too bothered about the look as I want an eclectic kitchen with an unfitted look - this is partly why I don't want a long stretch of laminate (18 ft).

In practical terms I am having to wait to have my window to be re-fitted, which is right in the middle of the worktop, so if I go for two different tops I can fit all the units to either side of the window (we are DIYing) then fit the units with the butchers block over once the window is in. This could make the difference between being in for Christmas and not!

Any ideas?

Comment (1)