SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_ct

Should Lights match other finishes in kitchen?

sue_ct
16 years ago

I am looking at lights for a pendant over my sink and a ceiling fixture for the center of the room (don't really need that but it will cover where the old ceiling fan was). It seems every one I pick out that I like is made by Murray Feiss. Anyway, My kitchen cabinets are:

Those are quartz samples I am considering, but am leaning more towards granite now. Anyway, I was planning to do satin nickel or stainless steel for the faucet and nobs, probably a stainless sink, although depending on the granite color I might upgrade that to a granite sink, and I was planning to do a brushed nickel or similar finish on the lights. However, some of the ones I like are:

Love this pendant:

But not so much the matching ceiling fixture:

Like this ceiling fixture:

The matching pendant is nice but I don't like quite as much as the previous one:

This one is more like what I planned, until I saw some of the others, but does not come in a brushed finish:

It doesn't have a matching ceiling fixture, but I thought of these:

or this one is a little small (11") but I like it:

What do you think? Would I have to change from satin nickel or stainless steel to ORB to use those other fixtures? I don't think ORB would have as much nice contrast as the silver fishes on the dark cabinets for the nobs and many of the faucets I like don't come in ORB or don't fit the budget in ORB. I know they are all different styles, but I like different styles and would be comfortable going traditional or a little more modern/transitional. Oh, maybe that square pendant is just a little too chunky. Bother!

What do you like, should I mix finshes, or do I really need to keep them all the same?

Sue

Comments (4)