SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

Question about pendant light finish 'matching' rest of finishes

kellienoelle
12 years ago

Hey all, I am being needy today. I asked this in a previous thread, but it wasn't really related to the original question in the thread title which was asked and answered kindly by palimpsest, so I figured I would appeal to your help in yet another thread. (original thread link below)

I have been looking mostly at nickel/chrome finishes for my pendant lights figuring it would match the faucet, appliances, and cabinet hardware. Then I had a big "aha" moment when I walked into the kitchen and glanced at the ceiling fan in the attached eat in area which has an oil rubbed bronze finish. We have the exact same ceiling fan in the family room, which is visible, but not completely open to the kitchen, and an oil rubbed bronze fixture in the entry way which is definitely open to the great room (see how things avalanche out of control). I hadn't planned on replacing any of them. So...they have the same pendant light that I have been considering in oil rubbed bronze, would that look ok with my nickel/stainless/chrome finishes? or should I consider sticking with nickel/chrome and just changing out the ceiling fan in the eat in area instead (despite the contrast with the other rooms)? My cabinets are cherry stained med/dark, so the oil rubbed bronze would tie in with them, color wise.

Boy, I am really tired of making decisions! Just when I think I am narrowing things down another pops up!

Here is a link that might be useful: Original thread

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!