SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davidwg

Kitchen Floorplan - Comments Wanted - Plan from KD

davewg
16 years ago

So, we had our second meeting with out kitchen designer this past Friday and he addressed all of our concerns from his initial stab at our design.

I'd like to hear comments on the layout, especially the island design. Its an unusual one which we would have never thought of on our own.

I've also posted my design layout which we showed to our KD.

The north wall(top) has the ovens in the cornerm three large windows, clean up sink/DW and a door to the back yard.

The east wall (right) has a slider to our screen room, step down to the family room.

The south wall is the banquette, door to entry, tall pantry cabinets (which we plan to do 12" deep, not the 18" shown) then the door to the laundry/craft room/kitchen pantry overflow.

The west wall (left) is the door to the mudroom/bathroom/playroom/garage. This wallhas the fridge, cooktop, etc.

The area on the island across from the cooktop (where the prep sink is) is lowered for my wife's height. The rest of the island and seating area are all counter height.

Here is the KD layout:

And my attempt (which admitedly doesn't account for several pther design changes that are reflected in the KD version)

Comments (29)