SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aggie9597

Almost Final Floor Plan w/Elevation, comments?

aggie9597
15 years ago

Hi, again! Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I just wanted to post our (almost) final house plans with elevation....especially since many of you helped us come up with this final plan!

We will pick up our 1/4 scale print and will submit them to builders over the next month for initial bids. But I have a few questions:

1. Does the elevation look strange to you? I feel like the top of the house looks like it was "plopped on top". Perhaps there should be some sort of tie-in between the second story and garage? And the second chimney looks odd.

2. When shopping this plan around with local builders, I'm hoping they might give me some "money saving tips". Is this too much to expect?

3. When I asked our designer if he could still make changes to the plan, he said he could but that it "would be a pain" if we had to change the elevation. I'm confused. We've essentially designed our dream home with no compromise. I'm anticipating it will cost more than what we want to pay, and we will need to find ways to reduce expense. This may mean we need to change elevation or floor plan. I needed the plans to shop to builders; builders need the plan to bid accurately. Did I do something wrong in this process? I feel like I'm exasperating my designer!

Any other comments would be appreciated!

elevation:

Right side:

Left side:

Full size:

Comments (11)