SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommy2nk

Kitchen Design: Bringing it all together?

mommy2nk
11 years ago

We are having our cabinets custom made. They will be a White Shaker Style but will have a bead like trim on the inside edge. I still need to select the white but it will be a creamy white (maybe Mascarpone or Pot of Cream by Behr). Countertops will be satin/leathered Marron Cohiba granite. I still have to pick my slabs but ever since seeing those last year, I haven't found anything else that I love so much. I chose the Kohler Whitehaven sink in white. I am 95% sure I will be getting the Elkay Explore bridge faucet in chrome (like springroz's). I am planning on a white subway backsplash but would like a decorative frame above the range (NXR 36"). I will have an island that has the trash pull-out, middle drawer bank and spice pull out. This section will have the Marron Cohiba. Then on the back of the island we are attatching a table that will have a mahogany butcher block top and legs matching the island. My flooring is a warm slightly reddish toned brown wood floors. My kitchen opens up into my family room. In my family room I have the Brandon Rug from Pottery Barn, love it!

So, as you can see I have certain details taken care of but I am trying to form a picture in my head. I also am trying to figure out other details like lighting, hardware (I like RH's Aubrey and Bistro not sure about polished or brushed)etc.

I am trying to figure out paint color for the walls. Currently my Kitchen/Family room is painted Sherwin Williams Comfort Gray. The rest of my living area's in the house are Bleeker Beige, Manchester Tan (both cooler neutrals) and my dining room is Weimaraner (ceiling Tranquility). I LOVE Weimaraner and we rarely use the dining room except for piano and homework. I don't really get to enjoy that color and it is my favorite in my house. I am entertaining the idea of switching the color between the dining room and the family kitchen rooms. So my kitchen/family room would be Weinmaraner with a very light bluish/gray ceiling. I would paint my dining room, either the Comfort Gray or another blue. I have soffets which can not be removed. I painted them the same color as the walls, should I do that the next time around too? What are your thoughts about Weimaraner being my Kitchen color? I will say I love the contrast of my window trim (Pot of Cream by Behr) with the darker color. I would love any input on the design ideas I have thus far. Thanks so much!

Here is a link to my kitchen as it is now, I also included photos of my dining room color. The large entertainment center is being removed. I think it will take you to the whole album.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (5)