SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swentastic81

Cost vs Value 2014 - how did your project stack up?

I've seen this link bandied about in several places lately on GW and find the whole concept fascinating. I pimped out my info so I could download a copy of what Cost vs Value would be in my city and I guess I'm a little shocked by what my remodel SHOULD have cost according to the folks at Hanley Wood, LLC. It makes sense to me that rehab costs would be vastly different depending on location and scale but when I look at the nitty gritty of the numbers (for my area at least), something just doesn't add up.

Is this including the cost of the materials, laborers, designers, architects, and GC plus their markups?? How did they gauge the ROI? How does this apply to the Average Joe Other 99% Homeowner type who can't afford to spend an entire years' salary on their kitchen reno?

Did I cheap out? (probably) Are these number inflated? (probably) Is this a tactic by industry contractors and retailers to lull us into their web of lies deceit and steal our dinner? (probably not)

Is this REALLY what typical rehabs cost???? No need to share actual numbers but how did yours compare?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cost Vs. Value 2014

Comments (11)