SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kgsmom_gw

so it ends- a 100% finished kitchen- FINALLY!!!!

16 years ago

here we are a 14 months since demolition and last week, the final pieces of gingerbread and base moldings were finally installed. We've had a 99% done kitchen since about March but have been waiting for these final pieces from Crystal Cabinets since then. Many of the folks who walked me through the trauma of a major remodel may not even be checking in anymore but if you are and remember me THANK YOU for all the guidance and support. For those who are just now going through it- GOOD LUCK! For those who do remember, this kitchen of my dreams was funded by an inheritance from my darling dad who passed away 2 years ago. I think of him every morning when I walk out to the kitchen and say a silent thanks. He so would have loved siting at the island, chit chatting while I cooked, having a snack and just hanging out. It's ironic that if he were here, I wouldn't have this kitchen that he would have so enjoyed but given the choice, I'd rather have him in my old ugly kitchen..

We knocked down the wall between LR/DR and kitchen and made a greatroom. It's so nice to not be isolated anymore :-) We're thrilled with how it all came out.

Here's the specifics:

Cabinets: Crystal Cabinets

Counters: Venata Soapstone on island

Green Eyes soapstone on perimeter

Faucets and sinks: rohl

Pot Filler: Grohe (my only Ebay purchase!)

Range: Viking 48" with griddle

Fridge: SubZero 48" with paneling

DW: Miele

Trash Compactor: Viking

MW and WD: Viking

Backsplash: Limestone

Hardware: Baldwin

I've included a few pics and also the link to my photobucket with all the before and after and detail stuff plus have submitted to starpoo for FKB:

before:

after

Here is a link that might be useful: kgsmom kitchen remodel 100% done!

Comments (37)