SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vizslalover_gw

4in Stone Backsplash-Problem later?

vizslalover
16 years ago

Some of you may remember some of my backsplash drama a month or so ago (can't decide what to do, and now we're probably selling the house next spring :(

Anyway, it turns out we have enough left over soapstone (we DIY'ed it) to do a 4" backsplash. I'm just wondering, if someone (either us if we don't move or a future owner) wants to do a tile backsplash in the future, will it look funny on top of the stone or do people do this all the time?

Since I'm posting on this topic, our leftover soapstone is the same thickness as the counter tops (~1") and we really don't have the means to make it thinner. We set a test piece on the counter and the thickness actually looked ok but I'm just wondering if its normal to have these short backsplashes the same thickness as the counter stone?

Finally, we have a peninsula area with a raised counter. We're thinking we should just cover the whole raised area (approx. 8") with soapstone (we do have enough stone to do this. If we did the 4" high there we're just thinking it would look funny...not to mention it would bisect the outlet there. Thoughts!

Thanks!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!