SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akmomesq_gw

Help with sink .... And a backsplash behind stove question

akmomesq
10 years ago

I desperately need help with a sink decision. Unfortunately, I need to order sight unseen - no showrooms where I live - and if I wait to order samples, my kitchen won't be done until after the new year. I'm hoping some of you guys who have seen these things I'm thinking of might be able to give some design guidance.

I have a small u-shaped kitchen, natural maple slab-front cabinets. It rains a lot where we live so I want to keep the kitchen as bright as possible. I fell in love with a slab of creme bordeaux granite so that's the counter with honed travertine backsplash. Stainless appliances.

I think I've decided on an apron front sink. Kohler whitehaven. My problem is what color? I'm leaning towards biscuit because I'm assuming brighter would be better - just hoping someone whose seen one might have some insight?

My backsplash question... I just ordered a bluestar RNB and was planning on doing the honed travertine behind it, but the granite guy said he could run the granite behind the stove. Would that be overpowering in a small space? I'd never heard of that being done so no clue.

Comments (15)