SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tetrazzini

different cabinet colors at a right angle?

15 years ago

Hi, I've got two conflicting ideas for cabinet color. My kitchen will have an english country feel (hopefully!) and it has doorways that open to a LR and DR which are painted white, with pale, natural furnishings.

I don't know if I should keep all the cabinets white, with maple countertops, or paint one section a different color. I've decided to use a white marble counter for the cabinets surrounding the sink. I thought it would be more interesting if I painted that run of cabinets a pale blue green, maybe slightly distressed. I think this will contrast beautifully with the white marble. The problem is that this run of cabinets is part of an ELL, and the other leg of it will be white with maple counters. All the other sections will also be white with maple. I haven't seen any examples of two different colors used on cabinets that are at a 90 degree angle to each other -- maybe for good reason. Do you think it's a bad idea? Does anyone have any pictures that show this?

Here's a link to pictures of my floorplan, in case it helps. The blue-green cabinets I have in mind will be on the east wall.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Comments (8)