SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Taking Back Our Kitchens . . . Remember?

lynninnewmexico
16 years ago

Are you there yet . . .or can you remember back to when the work wasn't totally completed but you could finally start to put your things into your new cabs . . .in your new kitchen? I'm finally there! We were away visiting our DS at grad school out of state for four days and when we came back, the sink and faucets were in. The protective floor paper was off. The cabs all had their hardware on. We had lights in the kitchen again. The Silestone counters had been installed the day before we'd left. It was finally looking and feeling like a real kitchen yesterday, instead of a war zone! Our GC told me that I could start putting away things late yesterday afternoon as he was leaving and it was so much fun! I washed. I dusted. I vacuumed. I put LOTS of things away! This morning it seems like people are just invading my kitchen and I can't wait for them to go home ;~)

They're installing our new fridge as I write this. The cabs still need a bit of tweaking and they need to put the cab fronts on the DW and fridge. The painter needs to come back another time to tweak. (I'm, frankly, getting tired of all this "tweaking"!) The plumbers need to hook up the R/O and cooktop today. The electrician still needs to install the rest of the new pot lights. The tiler still needs to do the backsplash areas. But, we're almost there and it feels so good to finally see the end in sight! Remember?

Comments (10)