SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kashmi_gw

Faucet 'control stem' orientation? Help w/ Decision

kashmi
12 years ago

We need help deciding how to install our faucet. I know this must sound simple minded -- or that I am overcomplicating what should be a straight-forward decision, but ...

Among the reasons pushing for our kitchen update was our intense dislike of having a tiny space between our former drop-in sink and the wall behind it (that rose up about 4 inches before the window started). So we now have a bow window at countertop height. Yipee! And we have runnels on both sides of the sink. Yipee, again!

BUT, I can still envision water getting behind the faucet to the wood in the window as we reach to turn the water on and off with wet hands -- with the bow window, we only have about 4" behind the faucet (before the window) and neither of us is meticulous about wiping up things.

So, I've been thinking about orienting the faucet handle in a direction other than parallel with the sink -- as it would normally be installed (see pix below of "normal" orientation).

From Newer Kitchen Reno Ideas

Instead, I've wondered about installing the handle IN FRONT of the faucet. DH wonders about water hitting our hands each time we turn it on or off, however.

So that led to the idea of orienting the handle at an angle. Or would this just look weird? Like we made a mistake?

Ideas? Thoughts? Has anyone installed a faucet with the handle oriented in a different or unusual direction? If so, have you been happy? Would you do it over again?

The faucet is not installed and the pull out portion droops down a bit because it is just stuck inside the main section for picture purposes. The faucet is KWC Ava (ordered last week on a promo that provided a free soap dispenser!).

Thank you in advance for ideas and help.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor