SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stcy

If I know I want to mix metals...

ott2
11 years ago

Good morning!

If I want to intentionally be able to mix metals in my kitchen, what are the rules for doing this cleanly?

The bulk of the fixtures in the house will range between black-ish to ORB. This includes door handles, ceiling fans, etc. Couple of bathrooms have brushed nickel fixtures. The floors in the kitchen and connecting living area / hallway will be a natural stain (I think) white oak. Cabinets on the darker side. Island tops in White Macaubas, surrounding countertops in something dark. I think the hood will be a blackened steel, but will probably let you guys decide that when I have more info.

The floors in much of the rest of the house are a tile that has definite copper tones and some black.

My range and ovens will be stainless, but fridge/dw/etc will be integrated.

I like/enjoy the differences in metals just as I do differences in stones/woods.

I hope to be able to find some old, beat up copper pot(s) that I can use somewhere in my kitchen.

I am leaning towards stainless under-mount sinks. Main sink will be on one of the White Macaubas islands. Have planned on a Waterstone Fulton faucet which comes in many finishes. Which finish?

And where/how else can I cleanly mix metals, or should I NOT?

So glad for gardenweb as a resource and for all of you who are willing to share your talents!

Ott2

Comments (9)