SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beccamj

Wacky contractor tales

beccamj
15 years ago

You may remember about how my GC likes to use his experience to tell me I'm wrong after I've fully researched something and/or have an opinion about how I want things. The example I gave was that when I said I wanted Caesarstone, he told me six out of seven of the C'stone counters he had installed had had to be ripped out and he just wanted to save me the extra expense of having him come back to do that. Thanks, I think.

Today, he told me no one in his 23 years of experience in kitchens had ever had pulls on drawers and knobs on the doors below them. No one! I would be crazy.

Yes, people, I am the first.

But that wasn't, in fact, the strangest thing he told me today. He told me the thermostat in my fridge was actually a timer for how long the light should stay on, that there was no way to adjust the temp. I think my mouth was agape. It was surreal. When I showed him the pamphlet where it stated that it was the thermostat, he insisted the manufacturer had told him that.

Does anyone have any better ones? Or do I have the most eccentric contractor ever?

Comments (28)