SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marinagalgw

Double bowl vs. single bowl sink?

MarinaGal
11 years ago

I am having the hardest time buying a sink for our kitchen remodel. For 10 years I have been mostly happy with my 32" wide stainless double bowl sink (smaller sink with disposal). I don't have a prep sink in my current kitchen and won't have one in my new kitchen. I like having the side bowl for prep. I don't like the size of the main bowl for washing big items.

For my remodel, here is what I do know: I want stainless, I can go up to 36" width, undermount, and prefer the straight-edged corners/more modern look, over the rounded corners. In the kitchen I am remodeling the current sink has only one drain w/disposal, centered in the cabinet.

The easiest and lowest cost solution would be to buy a 36" single bowel sink with a center drain. More expensive would be to buy a 36" single bowel sink with an offset drain and move the plumbing. Or, I could buy a large double bowl sink - with more plumbing costs/complexity and lose the ability to wash larger items easily.

Have any of you who have made a transition from a double bowl sink to a single bowl sink regretted it? Remember that I won't have a prep sink....

Thanks!

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths